Tuesday 21 May 2013

Birthday Cookies!

We're well into birthday season in this house (youngest one's birthday end of April, husband's 40th tomorrow, mine in a couple of weeks), resulting in LOTS of baking going on (and an ever-increasing muffin-top as a result!).

So far today I have made a batch of Peanut Butter Cup, Pretzel and Chocolate Chip cookies, and a batch of Double Chocolate Chip Oaty Cookies. Both of these are for husband to take in to work tomorrow for his birthday. I will also be making a few Smarties choc chip cookies later - some for husband to take to work, and some for a cake sale at school. I'll post some recipes up this week, if I remember!


Peanut Butter Cup, Pretzel & Choc Chip Cookies

Double Choc Chip Oaty Cookies


Cookies seems to be my latest bake-craze. They are very rewarding to make, as they are quick, easy, make a lot and the Aga bakes them fairly well (no worrying about them rising/sinking/soggy bottom etc). Also, EVERYONE likes a cookie, even if they don't much like cake. And of course, you can't beat a bit of uncooked cookie dough to nibble on - I reckon I could eat the whole bowl without ever cooking it!



Triple Choc Chip Smarties Cookies






No comments:

Post a Comment